tmmonline.nz  |   landlords.co.nz        About Good Returns  |  Advertise  |  Contact Us  |  Terms & Conditions  |  RSS Feeds

NZ's Financial Adviser News Centre

GR Logo
Last Article Uploaded: Tuesday, May 18th, 6:07PM

News

rss
Latest Headlines

TSB Trust to take over Fisher Funds

The TSB Community Trust's commercial arm is to buy the 51% shareholding in Fisher Funds it does not currently own.

Thursday, August 3rd 2017, 9:53AM

TSB has been a shareholder since 2013 and currently has 49% of the fund manager.

It had an option to acquire the balance of the company in 2017 and has chosen to exercise that option.

It has also reached agreement to initially sell a 24.99% shareholding in Fisher Funds to TA Associates, a global growth private equity firm with funds management experience. The intention is that the TA Associates shareholding will subsequently increase to 34% following receipt of required regulatory approvals, leaving TSB group with a controlling 66% stake.

It means Carmel and Hugh Fisher sell their stake almost 20 years after founding the company.

With over 270,000 clients and $7 billion under management, Fisher Funds is New Zealand’s fifth-largest KiwiSaver provider.

TSB group chair Hayden Wano said: “Fisher Funds is an iconic New Zealand business that has built a reputation for excellence in investment management and client service. Our intention is to continue to build on the great business that exists today, adhering to its values and mission of making investing understandable, enjoyable and profitable for New Zealanders. We also are pleased to welcome TA Associates as an investor and partner alongside TSB Community Trust.”

Fisher Funds will continue to be led by chief executive Bruce McLachlan and there will be no change to the personnel or operations of the company as a result of this transaction.

Carmel Fisher, who retired from her executive role in May 2017, will remain as a director on the Fisher Funds board.

She said: “The TSB Community Trust have been a very supportive shareholder over the past four years, and I know they share our passion for excellent client service. Hugh and I are proud to have been able to help so many New Zealanders with their wealth and retirement savings over the past two decades, and we’re pleased to hand over the future control of our business to a strong and stable entity committed to delivering excellent investment returns and great client service into the future.”

Settlement will be completed this month.

Tags: Fisher Funds

« Getting to Know: Sue BrownLVR restrictions to be reviewed »

Special Offers

Comments from our readers

No comments yet

Sign In to add your comment

 

print

Printable version  

print

Email to a friend
News Bites
Latest Comments
Subscribe Now

Weekly Wrap

Previous News
Most Commented On
Mortgage Rates Table

Full Rates Table | Compare Rates

Lender Flt 1yr 2yr 3yr
AIA 4.55 2.25 2.59 2.89
ANZ 4.44 2.85 3.19 3.49
ANZ Special - 2.25 2.59 2.89
ASB Back My Build 1.79 - - -
ASB Bank 4.45 2.25 2.59 2.89
Basecorp Finance 5.49 - - -
Bluestone 3.49 3.34 2.99 3.34
BNZ - Classic - 2.25 2.55 2.79
BNZ - Mortgage One 5.15 - - -
BNZ - Rapid Repay 4.60 - - -
BNZ - Std, FlyBuys 4.55 2.85 3.15 3.39
Lender Flt 1yr 2yr 3yr
BNZ - TotalMoney 4.55 - - -
CFML Loans 4.95 - - -
China Construction Bank 4.49 4.70 4.80 4.95
China Construction Bank Special - 2.65 2.65 2.80
Credit Union Auckland 5.45 - - -
Credit Union Baywide 5.65 3.95 3.85 -
Credit Union South 5.65 3.95 3.85 -
First Credit Union Special 5.85 2.95 3.45 -
Heartland Bank - Online ▼1.95 ▼1.85 2.35 2.45
Heretaunga Building Society 4.99 3.40 3.50 -
HSBC Premier 4.49 2.25 2.35 2.65
Lender Flt 1yr 2yr 3yr
HSBC Premier LVR > 80% - - - -
HSBC Special - 2.25 - -
ICBC 3.69 2.25 2.35 2.65
Kainga Ora 4.43 2.67 2.97 3.13
Kainga Ora - First Home Buyer Special - 2.25 - -
Kiwibank 3.40 3.20 3.40 3.64
Kiwibank - Offset 3.40 - - -
Kiwibank Special 3.40 2.35 2.55 2.79
Liberty 5.69 - - -
Nelson Building Society 4.95 3.20 3.24 -
Pepper Essential 4.79 - - -
Lender Flt 1yr 2yr 3yr
Resimac 3.39 3.35 2.99 3.35
SBS Bank 4.54 2.69 2.99 3.29
SBS Bank Special - 2.19 2.49 2.79
Select Home Loans 3.49 3.34 2.99 3.34
The Co-operative Bank - First Home Special - 2.09 - -
The Co-operative Bank - Owner Occ 4.40 2.25 2.59 2.79
The Co-operative Bank - Standard 4.40 2.75 3.09 3.29
TSB Bank 5.34 3.05 3.29 3.59
TSB Special 4.54 2.25 2.49 2.79
Wairarapa Building Society 4.99 3.55 3.49 -
Westpac 4.59 2.85 3.19 3.49
Lender Flt 1yr 2yr 3yr
Westpac - Offset 4.59 - - -
Westpac Special - 2.25 2.59 2.89
Median 4.55 2.68 2.99 2.89

Last updated: 17 May 2021 9:05am

About Us  |  Advertise  |  Contact Us  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Privacy Policy  |  RSS Feeds  |  Letters  |  Archive  |  Toolbox  |  Disclaimer
 
Site by Web Developer and eyelovedesign.com