Last Article Uploaded: Tuesday, September 22nd, 6:37PM

News

Advisers join Mortgage Link

A host of new advisers have joined Mortgage Link in the north and south islands, as the group continues its expansion.

Thursday, June 18th 2020, 11:33AM

Zhiyang Cheng

John Bolsover joins Mortgage Link Kapiti. Bolsover recently qualified as an Authorised Financial Advisor following a 19-year career at ANZ as a senior manager working in economics, NZ Strategy and Operations planning and performance.

Before working for ANZ, Bolsover worked for five years as an economist at Beef and Lamb New Zealand. He also spent seven years working in the UK.

The new hire has 35 years of experience in economics, strategic planning, business
planning,  performance monitoring, advisory and business management.

He said: “I am extremely familiar with all the influences that drive interest rates, mortgage lending and the property market and I’m excited to share my experience so that I can develop solutions for my clients’ lending needs.”

Bolsover has known the owners of Mortgage Link Kapiti for several years, and rates the team “highly”. He added: “I am excited by the opportunity to work with Derek, who has an excellent reputation as a financial advisor here on the Kapiti Coast.”

Zhiyang Cheng (pictured), joins Mortgage Link in East Auckland. Cheng has a degree in accounting and commercial law, and has experience in the lending and finance sectors.

Cheng said: “My focus and commitment is to put the best interests of the client first. I focus on the long term goals and journey of the client rather than just the immediate transaction. My aim is to educate clients to assist them in the decision-making process of purchasing property and structuring the mortgage.”

Jack Dray also joins Mortgage Link East Auckland. Dray studied at the University of Otago, obtaining a  Bachelors of Science degree, and also has a Post Grad Diploma
of Science.

Dray has opted for a career in the mortgage advice sector after spending time at mortgagehq in a support role. He said: “I have enjoyed my time here at mortgagehq and plan to keep helping them with their goal of providing mortgage advice for clients across the country.”

Meanwhile, Tim Moore has joined Mortgage Link in Otago. Moore has spent over ten years in the financial services and insurance industry.

Moore said: “My clients are the driver of my ambition. I enjoy taking all the time that is required to ensure my clients understand the products and the in-betweens thus to ensure satisfaction.”

Tags: Mortgage Link

« First Mortgage Trust makes business development hiresChanges at Mike Pero Mortgages »

• Time is running out for 2000 unregistered advisers
    “I suspect there will be some advisers who have assumed they will be welcomed by FAPS with open arms, only to be disappointed...”
    7 hours ago by John Milner
  • FSC offers info hub for advisers
    “lol....I wouldn't say I've only just noticed Murray. More a matter of eventually wondering "am I the only one who thinks...”
    9 hours ago by Tony Vidler
  • FSC offers info hub for advisers
    “@Tony Have you only just noticed FSC's push to take over and control adviserland? IMHO it's been increasingly happening...”
    1 day ago by Murray Weatherston
  • FMA details Covid-19 response
    “So my immdeiate question here, is how is this different to the earlier article from G Boyes. An adviser didn't classify the...”
    4 days ago by smitty
  • FSC offers info hub for advisers
    “I admire Richard and the work he has done since taking on the FSC role, however I am confused by this increasing noise by...”
    5 days ago by Tony Vidler