Last Article Uploaded: Friday, August 14th, 7:08PM

Insurance

AIA appoints ambassadors for its new product

AIA has appointed an ex-All Black and a health and wellness advocate as ambassadors for its soon-to-be launched Vitality product.

Friday, May 24th 2019, 8:05AM

Ian Jones and Jess Quinn have taken on the newly created roles supporting AIA New Zealand in helping Kiwis live healthier, longer, better lives.

Ian ‘Kamo Kid’ Jones is one of New Zealand’s sporting legends," AIA New Zealand CEO, Nick Stanhope said. "Kiwis will know him from his days with the All Blacks and the Chiefs.  Ian’s wellness journey has continued since his retirement. He’s an accomplished ironman and endurance athlete and is known for his charity work having founded Eddies Meals, a community food and friendship kitchen.  It’s wonderful to have someone with such mana and commitment to health and wellbeing join us on the team.”

“And as for Jess, we couldn’t think of anyone more closely aligned to what we are about as a company.  Jess is known as a health and wellness advocate and for her impressive moves on last year’s Dancing With the Stars.  Her own story, since losing her right leg to cancer when she was only 9-years old, is one of resilience and of living life to the fullest.  We are particularly impressed with Jess’s recent work in highlighting the importance of body positivity to overall physical and mental wellness,” said Mr Stanhope.

As AIA Vitality ambassadors Quinn and Jones will help AIA New Zealand spread the word about the importance of health, wellness and of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Jess Quinn said: “When the team at AIA asked me to join the AIA family it was an easy decision for me.  I share AIA’s commitment to encouraging people to take charge of their health.  From a young age I could see why maintaining physical and mental wellbeing was so important.  I am looking forward to helping New Zealanders in their wellness journey.  I have never been an elite athlete but I understand the importance of taking small steps. Small, manageable steps towards being a better you, towards wellness.  I can’t wait to get started.”

Ian Jones said: “I’ve played at the top of the very top of elite sport.  But, for me, my sport has never defined me.  My family is what defines me.  Being a father and a husband helps to put things in perspective.  I’ve always tried to remember my roots and to help others.  My charity and volunteering work is important to me and I see my commitment to community continuing with AIA.  This is a company that genuinely believes in looking after New Zealanders.

"Through my work as an ambassador with AIA I hope to show everyday Kiwis what can be done with a little bit of help.  We are all on a journey.  I hope to introduce as many people as I can to their own wellness journey.”

AIA New Zealand’s vision is to help make New Zealand one of the healthiest and most protected nations in the world.  The new AIA Vitality ambassador roles have been created to support the New Zealand launch of AIA Vitality, the world’s largest science-backed wellness programme, later this year.

AIA Vitality provides members with the knowledge, tools and motivation to help them make achievable steps towards wellness.  AIA Vitality members are encouraged and incentivised to actively engage in health and wellness initiatives and activities.  The programme offers its members enhanced benefits, including insurance premium discounts, and other exciting and valuable rewards and discounts from a variety of third party providers.

Tags: AIA

« Leave good client outcomes to advisers: WhyteGivealittle no competition for insurance »

Insurance Briefs

Insurer nib backs Ronald McDonald House with $20k investment
Health insurer nib New Zealand and its nib foundation have lent support to Ronald McDonald House Charities.

Less stressed during lockdown
New Zealander’s health and wellbeing had surprising benefits from the Covid-19 lockdown.

Southern Cross supports new safe haven for at-risk pets
Southern Cross Pet Insurance has teamed up with Pet Refuge to provide temporary shelter for animals affected by family violence.

nib Foundation supports Lifeline to the tune of $150,000
To support the growing mental health needs of Kiwis emerging from the Covid-19 pandemic, Lifeline Aotearoa has increased its service capacity thanks to a $150,000 grant from nib foundation, the charitable arm of nib New Zealand (nib).

• a2: could the milk be starting to turn?
    “Great Fundemental look.I guess in the ASX50 . as long as Aussies still love buying the Dip..its no worries Graeme Adams...”
    23 hours ago by Graeme33
  • It starts with governance
    “Hi David and thanks for your words also. I did read the FMA stuff before the post and also in my first response mention...”
    1 day ago by gavin austin adviser business compliance
  • AMP reports profit drop amid 'solid' result
    “Sadly, AMP is becoming less and less relevant. Apart from this tiny blip of positive cash inflow, they've been bleeding clients...”
    1 day ago by Contrarian
  • It starts with governance
    “Good words Gavin - might also mention the FMA publication - https://www.fma.govt.nz/compliance/guidance-library/corporate-governance-in-new-zealand-principles-and-guidelines/...”
    1 day ago by dcwhyte
  • It starts with governance
    “adviser1 - go talk to Partners Life. they have a great tool to help with this sort of stuff. ...”
    1 day ago by Tash