Last Article Uploaded: Thursday, September 24th, 10:47AM

Insurance

AIA's shot at a TV ad

AIA New Zealand joins forces with Dame Valerie Adams to help Kiwis live healthier, longer, better lives.

Monday, August 19th 2019, 9:48AM

Dame Valerie Adams

AIA New Zealand has released the results of some research looking at what New Zealanders perceive as ‘healthy’. The research showed that 54% of New Zealanders think physical activity and exercising regularly is the key to living a healthy life.

To help encourage Kiwis in their health and fitness journey AIA New Zealand has joined forces with Dame Valerie Adams, to launch a nationwide campaign to inspire New Zealanders to live healthier, longer, better lives.

“As an athlete and mother of young children, I value the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle for myself and my family”, says Adams.

“My health journey isn’t just about winning medals but about having the energy to live the life I want with the people I love. I’m excited to join the AIA family as we encourage New Zealanders to overcome their challenges by taking small steps towards a healthier life together.”

“Our vision is to champion New Zealand to be the healthiest and most protected nation in the world. It is fantastic that the majority of Kiwis surveyed place importance on their health and see that some form of physical activity supports them to live a heathier, longer, better life,” says Damien Mu, AIA Australia and New Zealand CEO.

Together with the recent launch of AIA Vitality, the campaign aims to inspire Kiwis to make small changes to their lifestyle and diet to start reaping the health benefits.

Adams joins former All Black, Ian Jones and health advocate and influencer, Jess Quinn, as AIA Vitality Ambassadors.

“We hope that by having extended AIA family members and inspirational role models like Dame Valerie Adams, Ian Jones and Jess Quinn share their stories, that other Kiwis will be inspired to make small changes to their health”, Mu says.

Tags: AIA

« Southern Cross recognisednib enters ASX 100 »

Insurance Briefs

AIA reveals grant winners
AIA has revealed the financial advisers and advice businesses that will be given financial backing for their community initiatives.

Insurer nib backs Ronald McDonald House with $20k investment
Health insurer nib New Zealand and its nib foundation have lent support to Ronald McDonald House Charities.

Less stressed during lockdown
New Zealander’s health and wellbeing had surprising benefits from the Covid-19 lockdown.

Southern Cross supports new safe haven for at-risk pets
Southern Cross Pet Insurance has teamed up with Pet Refuge to provide temporary shelter for animals affected by family violence.

• Time is running out for 2000 unregistered advisers
    “I suspect there will be some advisers who have assumed they will be welcomed by FAPS with open arms, only to be disappointed...”
    2 days ago by John Milner
  • FSC offers info hub for advisers
    “lol....I wouldn't say I've only just noticed Murray. More a matter of eventually wondering "am I the only one who thinks...”
    2 days ago by Tony Vidler
  • FSC offers info hub for advisers
    “@Tony Have you only just noticed FSC's push to take over and control adviserland? IMHO it's been increasingly happening...”
    3 days ago by Murray Weatherston
  • FMA details Covid-19 response
    “So my immdeiate question here, is how is this different to the earlier article from G Boyes. An adviser didn't classify the...”
    6 days ago by smitty
  • FSC offers info hub for advisers
    “I admire Richard and the work he has done since taking on the FSC role, however I am confused by this increasing noise by...”
    6 days ago by Tony Vidler